September 12, 2011

At Least.

"You get older and you learn there is one sentence, just four words long, and if you can say it to yourself it offers more comfort than almost any other. It goes like this....Ready?"

"Ready"

" 'At least I tried.' "


The above quote is from Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares. When I read those four little words it felt like they were directed right at me. It hit me right in my core. Hard.

Sometimes I feel so out of my league in this crazy photography industry that I wonder if it is worth the effort. To try. To put my photo's - and essentially- myself out on a platform for others to see. What if I fail?

I am coming to realize that fear of failure isn't a good enough reason to give up. To not even try.

I still may not know what my future in photography holds; but, after this summer of pushing myself to grow and become better and share myself and my photography - I can definitely say:

"At least I tried."


Photobucket

                                                                                                                                                                  Taken September 2009.

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

your so beautiful!!!!!
ps. your photos are AWESOME