October 07, 2011

How To....

....be stress free while planning your wedding.

I know. It's not normal. But, for us, wedding planning has been essentially stress free. We still have 5 weeks to go - so stress might be in my near future - but I wanted to write this while it was still true!

If you know me, you would know that I am an organizational wizard plus planning extraordinaire so planning a huge celebration of love for just under 150 people? Oh, that is right up my alley. I have actually throughly enjoyed this whole process of decision making, planning, vision execution.

Photobucket

How did I do it stress free?

I was waaaayyyy over prepared and over organized and much before I had to be. Plus it helps that Scott and I are both very good at making decisions. We picked our date 2 days after being engaged, booked our venue less than 1 week in, and had our colours finalized by day 9. I bought my wedding file folder by week 2 - organization is key people!!

List after list was made with everything we needed to do. I love me some lists :)

Photobucket

Also, all of my DIY projects were finished weeks ago - and of course, they took much longer to do than I thought. Which makes me even more happy that I did them ahead of time!

Scott was actually very helpful and opinionated during this whole process - I love that he had quite a bit of input into our day.

With 5 weeks left to go, I really only have a couple more 'to do's' on my list. I know there will be things that come up; but, at least I will have time to deal with it instead of trying to squeeze it all in. Time is going to fly by and our day will be here so soon - I am so excited to see everything come together!

The biggest reason this has been so stress free though, is that Scott & I are both in this for what comes after the wedding. Our marriage. We are so excited to start this next chapter of our lives as husband and wife. And that, more than anything, is what makes this wedding planning business so much easier to handle - knowing the wedding day is only the beginning.

2 comments:

Teaka said...

My goodness are you ever organized! Wow! You could be a professional organizer. :)

I like how you said you're in it for the marriage not the wedding. Not enough folks are.

Sounds like you're having fun with the planning!

paige said...

totally agree...
our wedding was a mish mosh - shotgun affair :)
our marriage has brought a billion children & a messy crazy love.
i'd take marriage over wedding anyway.