February 24, 2012

Film.

I remember my mom's special camera. Her good camera. The one that only came out for certain special occasions.

I remember being entranced by it. Sneaking into her room to look at it and sometimes even take pictures with it. Which, clearly, she would always find out about. There was - literally - photo evidence.

Photobucket

My first photo shoot was with this camera. I was probably 10 or 11 and I made my brothers pose in our backyard - by the tree, on the swing set, by the fence. I remember thinking there wasn't actually film in the camera so we were just playing around. Oh, but there was film. We still have those photo's.

This camera was my mom's first big purchase after graduating University. She wanted a nice camera. Something I didn't realize we had in common. So this camera, now considered 'vintage' I'm sure, has been in our family for a long time.

Photobucket

I asked her to bring it out when she came to visit. Film photography has been something I've wanted to try out for a while now. And I just happened to know someone with a nice film camera ;)

To be honest, film photography scares the crap out of me. Not being able to check the lcd display to see if you got a good shot. Only having one chance. But, it makes you really evaluate the photo you are wanting to take. To put more thought in before you click the shutter.

I don't know if anything good will come of this adventure with film. I'll just have to wait and see what develops ;)

No comments: