August 31, 2012

I feel crafty.

The family I was living with as an au pair in Spain for a few months in 2009 had the most beautiful rose bush in their garden. Before I left, I made sure to cut a few roses to bring home with me.

I put them in between the pages of a book to dry, came home, and forgot all about them.

It was a lovely surprise to open that book a little while ago and be greeted with these pretty, perfectly preserved, flowers. I knew that I needed to do something with them before I forgot about them again and they crumbled into decay!

Enter, one of the easiest DIY's I've ever done.

All you need is: dried flowers, scrapbook paper (I used canvas paper to give it a little extra texture), and a picture frame.

Photobucket

Cut the paper to fit and then place the flower and paper in frame.

Photobucket

Repeat 6 times - or however many flowers you have.

Photobucket

And....VOILA! I am in love.

Photobucket

Now, only to find a place on our walls to hang them!!

No comments: