January 10, 2012

$7 of Awesome-ness (or How to Make a Necklace).

Randomly enough, Scott and I found ourselves at a Gem & Mineral Show right here in Mesa, Arizona. Think farmer's market type set up; but, with rocks as the main attraction.

Photobucket

I have to admit - it was kinda fun.

AND, I happened to find a steal of a deal. 2 stone bead strands for $5. For that price I thought I could definitely give necklace making a try.

Photobucket

I went to Walmart and bought Bronze Beading Wire. No idea if that's what you're supposed to use for necklaces - but it said 'beading' on the label and more importantly it only cost $2.

All I did was strand each bead onto the wire and tied a knot once they were all on there.

Photobucket

And viola! A necklace for Kari! Or as the title suggests - $7 of Awesome-ness:)

Photobucket

And yes, our bed in the background isn't made. Don't judge. Necklace making is higher priority than bed making around our place ;)

Photobucket

No comments: