January 30, 2012

Our Honeymoon

Scott & I had an amazing time on our honeymoon to the Dominican Republic. The sun, beach, resort, food, countryside, and the people made our trip pretty close to perfect.

Plus the fact that we were both just so dang excited to be married.

We called each other 'husband' and 'wife' every chance we got. "Shall we go sit by the pool husband?" "Why, that sounds wonderful wife." And yes, I know we're dorks ;)

I decided not to take my SLR with me on our trip - I wanted to really enjoy our time together and not have to worry about sand, or water, or rum getting on my camera! Also, it was fun to challenge myself to take photo's I really loved with only my point and shoot.

Most of these were taken while we were on an excursion to the Dominican countryside. It was the highlight of the trip for me - to experience the culture and see how Dominican's really live.

Enjoy a taste of the Dominican!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This photo below is my favourite - it's a sugar cane field and it's completely unedited.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Oh, take me back to paradise please.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so glad I caught your blog post on Facebook, b/c these pics are soo good. I love the suitcase picture. And this proves that it's not the camera that makes a good picture...it's the photographer!!!

The Smith's said...

wow i love the one with all the suitcases!! how did you get that one? just borrow the suitcases from the people in your hotel?