March 21, 2012

Sedona.

After our day at the Grand Canyon, we decided to spend the night in Sedona. It was overcast and dark when we got to our hotel so we couldn't really see any of the red rocks that were supposed to be surrounding us.

It made waking up the next morning even more magical. I was shocked when I saw the view from our hotel balcony - pillars of red rocks in the most amazing formations. Jaw dropping beauty. In an instant, I was in love.

Photobucket
The photo on the right is of 'Elephant Rock'! And, yes. That is it's real name - I didn't just make it up! No wonder I loved this town :)

Again, just like at the Grand Canyon, the overcast sky and dramatic clouds added to the majestic of this special town.

Photobucket

Everywhere you turned you were met with another amazing view - each one different and unique.

Photobucket

One of my favourite stops - Chapel of the Holy Cross. Built right into the side of the rock.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our last stop of the day was Tlaquepaque - a little village unto itself that was modelled after a mexican village of the same name. Which means, "best of everything".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And, last but definitely not least, my favourite shot from the day. Scott didn't even know I was taking this photo during our trolley tour. It makes my heart melt a little bit that he looks at me like that :) Even the trolley driver lady was smiling because we're just so cute!

Photobucket

I can't wait to go back one day and spend more time in this little gem of a town.

No comments: