April 20, 2012

My Lobster.

The first 8 months of our relationship was long distance. 12 hour drive, one time zone, 1241 kilometres of distance. Needless to say, we had to be creative with the ways we grew our relationship while being so far apart.

For example, I borrowed all the seasons of Friends from Scott and then while watching them I would text him lines from the episode I was on. He knows almost every episode by heart so our text convo's could go a little like this- Me: 'You got me a cola drink?' Scott: 'and a LIMON LIME!' Me: 'hahahahahaha'. Did I forget to mention just how cool we are?!?

One day I was watching the episode in season 2 where Phoebe is explaining to Ross that Rachel is his lobster because, as everyone knows, lobsters fall in love and mate for life - "You can actually see old lobster couples walkin' around their tank, you know, holding claws". So, of course, I sent Scott a message asking if I was his lobster. To which he replied: "I can't wait until we're old and can hold claws while walking around our tank." Yeah, he's pretty cute.

I found this while unpacking and it made me smile. He's still my lobster :)

Photobucket

No comments: