April 25, 2012

Preserving Memories.

It's been on my mind a lot lately. Preserving memories. Preparing a legacy for my children and their children. Being intentional about saving and sharing our lives for future generations.

I don't want to wake up 10 years from now and realized I haven't preserved anything to show my children.

And, I doubt I'll be able to tell them - 'Oh, just go look at my photo albums on Facebook!' Yeah, probably not. As a photographer this is especially important to me - photo's speak to me, connect me, move me. More than that, I want to keep important things that played a part in our story. Mine and Scott's love story that is - memento's of this happy beginning. Which is why I have been on the look out for a 'Legacy Box', something to keep our wedding things in one beautiful place, and I am so happy with what I found.

Photobucket

I am going to fill this with our wedding cards, my hair piece, the note from the flowers Scott gave me on the day, all of the little pieces that made up that wonderful day. I hope to one day pull it out and show it all to our future children - to share our memories with them while creating new ones.

Photobucket
Some advice cards from our reception - hoping to do something special with these :)

How are you preserving YOUR memories?

No comments: