I've been battling a head cold/flu/fever type sickness for the past five days. No signs of improvement yet - but I'm hopeful. Well.... hopeful is buried under a wallowing of self pity, whining, complaining, woe is me, miserable type of feelings.
So, to dig hopeful out a little and bring it closer to the surface, I thought I would do another appreciation list. Because, even - sometimes especially - amidst sickness, there is so much to be thankful for.
My List of Appreciation: Sick Edition
- Scott. He has been taking care of me these past few days - tucking me in, rubbing my feet, hugging me, bringing me breakfast, and so much more.
- Yogurt & Tea. And all other smooth soft non throat scratching foods.
- Netflix. For keeping me entertained when all I have the energy for is to lie on the couch.
- My Pen Pal. Of the electronic age. For making me laugh.
- Hot Showers.
- Maintenance Personal. For showing me how to turn on the heat in our apartment - so we could stop living in an ice box.
- My Bed. Who is comfortable and doesn't judge me when I take 2 naps a day.
- Sudoku for iPhone. For keeping me entertained when I've watched all the Gossip Girl on Netflix that I can handle in one day.
- Vicks Vapour Rub. That stuff, even though it leaves a greasy mess, just rocks my world.
- Being in Phoenix. Thankful that we are currently living as snowbirds so I don't have to worry about making it through work or calling in sick.
There. I feel better already :)