March 06, 2013

Scott's First 1/2 Marathon!

This past weekend Scott ran his very first 1/2 marathon!! He entered the Phoenix Marathon a couple months ago and it was amazing to see that all of his hard work and training paid off.

The day started off way too early when I dropped him off at 4:30 AM - with the race actually starting 2 hours later at 6:30 AM. My mom and I made signs and went out to cheer him on! We went to a spot on the race course just before mile 8 - it was fun to see all the different people run by. So many shapes, sizes, ages of people AND so many different running outfits!!! We saw a man run by in a spandex one piece TUXEDO! And in the picture below Scott is running next to a girl in a tutu!

Photobucket

After we saw Scott run past us we hurried back to the car to get to the finish line in time. My heart was bursting with happiness for Scott when he crossed the line.

Photobucket

His official time was 1:49:59 - I am so incredibly proud of my amazing husband!! Running 13.1 miles is no small feat and I amazed that he not only finished but did so with a great time as well :)

Photobucket


Seriously, so proud :)

No comments: