March 22, 2013

The Draw of The Ocean.

There is just something about the ocean that speaks to me and makes my soul content. Any ocean in any part of the world. Standing looking out into the never ending waves - it just does something for me.

To wrap up our whirlwind two days in my new favourite city we went out to Coronado Island. We held hands and walked along the sandy shoreline with the salty wind blowing in our faces. We dipped our toes into the water and then ran away laughing because it was shockingly cold. He held my flip flops so I was free to snap photos.

'Let's just sit' he suggested. And so we did. Side by side. Staring out at the ocean. I wrapped one arm around his and rested my head on his shoulder. And I felt it. All the reasons the ocean calls out to me - the calm, the serenity, the wonder. I felt gratitude and happiness and love. I felt so blessed to be sitting on that beach staring out at the ocean with my love.

And then, I kid you not, we saw a pod of dolphins surfacing in the ocean just a ways down from us. 6 or 7 we counted. How could I ask for a better ending to our trip than that? Happy heart over here.

 photo 2013-03-22_0001_zps7739dd00.jpg
 photo 2013-03-22_0002_zpsab651dec.jpg
 photo 2013-03-22_0003_zps004154c7.jpg
 photo 2013-03-22_0004_zpsfac717b2.jpg
 photo 2013-03-22_0005_zpse6ec8ce2.jpg

*Truth Time: These photos were actually taken at Mission Beach with my dSLR. I already posted the iPhone photos from Coronado Island and wanted to write about our time on that beach but didn't want to reuse the photos twice!*

No comments: