May 16, 2011

Inspiration

I am not exactly sure what I will end up doing with my photography - weddings, portraits, families & children, or just as a hobby for myself. At this point in my life, I really have no idea where we (Scott & I) will be in the next few years. And I mean that I have no idea in what country, province/state, city we will be living - it could be any number of places and that idea excites me and I am more than up for the adventure.

So, for now at least, I am doing this because I enjoy it and it inspires me to look at life a little differently.

Speaking of inspiration, I thought I would share my favourite photography blogs that I look to for inspiration and to see what might be possible for me in the future.

First, and foremost, my own wedding photographer Genevieve Renee. I am lucky not only to have her to capture my wedding day, but to call her a friend. She is simply amazing.

Now, the rest of these people I do not know personally but I do love to look at their pretty pictures and read their blogs.

Jasmine Star, Melissa Jill, Justin & Mary, Jamie Delaine, Katelyn James, The Youngrens, Jessica Claire, Kelle Hampton (this blog is about her life and her words along with the photo's of her family are beautiful)

I realize these are all primarily wedding photographers, and it may be because that's where I'd like to eventually end up, but there is something about all of these photographers that keep me coming back for more. And, maybe, that's the quality I'm most drawn to and want to strive for the most with my own photography. To stand out, be myself, and keep people coming back for more.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mary Marantz said...

Hey Kari!!

Thanks so much for the blog love!! I can't wait to see where this adventure takes you!

M:)

Kari Jeanne said...

Thanks so much for the comment love and for checking out the blog!! I appreciate it more than you know!