August 29, 2011

Kitchen Fun: The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever.

I know - that is a pretty ambitious statement. Believe me though, these are my tried and tested best chocolate chip cookies. Ever. I have to give credit to my wonderful friend, Gina, for giving me this recipe way back in Jr. High. I have tried other ones and they just never measure up.

Okay, enough talking these babies up. Here we go.

There is a special ingredient.....vanilla pudding mix. Oh yes, prepare to be amazed.

Photobucket
You will need:
- 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- chocolate chips

Ingredients, check. Cute - yet slightly wrinkled - apron, check.

Photobucket

First, cream the margarine and sugars together. I use my wonderful Kitchen Aid mixer - my second favourite kitchen appliance.

My first favourite is my Tassimo Brewer, just in case you were wondering ;)

Then add in the eggs and vanilla.

Photobucket

Next, add in the special ingredient - the vanilla pudding!

Photobucket

In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking soda together. Feel free to sift if you are the sifting type of baker. Then slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, a little at a time until everything is all mixed together nicely.

Photobucket

Lastly, add in as many or as little chocolate chips as you want. I like them quite chocolately and usually use about half a bag. This time I used mini ones but regular size ones work just as good.

Now for the all important taste test. Whichever method suits your fancy - the finger swipe or possibly the beater lick. Or both.

Photobucket

Then spoon onto a non greased or lined cookie sheet. We use the two spoon method around our house.

Photobucket

*Thanks Scott for your help and doing such a great job demonstrating the two spoon method! Big hugs and kisses to you!*

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Take them out when the edges are just barely golden and the tops look almost moist, and then just leave them to cool on the sheet and it bakes just a little more.

A quick before and after baking shot.

Photobucket

And there you have it! The best chocolate chip cookies ever.

Photobucket

Is your mouth watering yet?

No comments: