June 18, 2012

Last Week....

...was a tough week for me.

I was tired, exhausted, overwhelmed, uninspired and very unmotivated - and for no particular reason. It was just one of those weeks where you are in a funk and all you want to do is curl into a ball on the couch and not move. Or do anything. At all.

And then, on Friday, it hit me. I was just using all that as a excuse. An excuse to be lazy. I was really just wallowing in my own self pity. And that's just not cool. Everyone's entitled to a bad day now and then - but to let it develop into a whole wasted bad week? That's my fault.

I needed to do something to shake me out of that funk I was in and jump start my motivation. And I resorted to the only way I know how - photography. I shook it up even more though and took my film camera out on a 10 minute walk and actually took it in to get developed right away. I am kind of in love with the results.

Yes, there are some big duds.

Photobucket

But some of them?

Pure, inspiring, de-funking, gold :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I am beyond shocked that my attempt at a self portrait actually turned out!

And one photo from a roll I took in Phoenix. Of my favourite flower there :)
Photobucket

This week will be better. I've decided :)

2 comments:

Teaka said...

It's crazy how we can get so caught up in our own emotions and low feelings that we forget that there's so much around us that continues on in life whether we're in a bad week or not. Life still grows and becomes beautiful, it's up to us to see it.
I love that self portrait! Lovely! :)

paige said...

love this post & also the whole being proactive about funks too :) Your self portrait is amazing!!