July 25, 2012

Ready to Spray Again.

We needed new bedside tables this summer. However, with our nomadic lifestyle 'new' has some strings attached. We really have to evaluate every single thing we buy to decide if it is worth it because we a)only use it for half the year b) have to pack, store, and unpack everything. The things we do find are worth it also have to fit certain criteria - mainly, Scott has to approve the purchase as I am much more lenient in regards to buying things just because they are pretty :) But really, it has to take up as little space as possible, for storing, and not cost too terribly much as we only use it for half the year!

So, when I found two wooden folding tray tables for ONLY $3 each at the thrift store I felt like I hit the jackpot! Not only were they a steal of a deal but they fold up nice and small - perfect for storing! Scott was very impressed with my find. I knew all they needed was some sprucing up...

After almost a year of avoiding spray paint like the plague - you might remember why - I decided it was time to spray some more.

Photobucket

First I lightly sanded them to get rid of the scratches and rough up the surface so the spray paint would stick.

Photobucket

I wiped them off good and then sprayed away! Thankfully, I barely went through one can of spray paint - NOT sixteen! It did bring back some finger numbing memories though...

Photobucket

TA DA! It's crazy how big of a difference a little paint makes!

Photobucket

They are the perfect little tables to have beside our bed :)

Photobucket

No comments: